Safeway and Yoke's Fresh Market Top the List
OLYMPIA: With St. Patrick's Day around the corner, Washington's Lottery announced its annual list of "Luckiest Stores" – retail locations that sold the most winning tickets worth $1,000 or more in the previous year. Lottery officials released a "Luckiest Stores" list for six regions around the state, including Tri-Cities, Puget Sound, Olympic Peninsula, Eastern Washington, Southwest Washington, and Central Washington.
With seven big wins during 2013, the Safeway located on 1803 George Washington Way in Richland is the "Luckiest Store" in the Tri-Cities area.
Matt Fabbri is the store manager at this lucky Safeway. "Cashing in a customer's winnings is just as exciting for us as it is for them," said Fabbri. "You tend to create a sort of friendship with them."
He also told Lottery officials that the store has a lot of die-hard players who come in often. "It's pretty exciting to make people's dreams come true…it's nice to see local, regular people get the winnings."
The top 10 "Luckiest Stores" in the Tri-Cities region are:
- 7 Big Wins: Safeway at 1803 George Washington Way in Richland
- 6 Big Wins: Yoke's Fresh Market at 4905 N. Road 68 in Pasco
- 6 Big Wins: Yoke's Fresh Market at 1401 Bombing Range Road in West Richland
- 6 Big Wins: Albertson's at 690 Gage Boulevard in Richland
- 6 Big Wins: Safeway at 2825 West Kennewick Avenue in Kennewick
- 5 Big Wins: Maverik at 3520 Keene Road in Richland
- 5 Big Wins: 7-Eleven at 1540 Jadwin Avenue in Richland
- 5 Big Wins: Fred Meyer at 2811 West 10th Avenue in Kennewick
- 5 Big Wins: Fred Meyer at 101 Wellsian Way in Richland
- 5 Big Wins: Yoke's Fresh Market at 1410 West 27th Avenue in Kennewick
To learn more about Washington's Lottery and for all up-to-date winning numbers, please visit walottery.com.
WASHINGTON'S LOTTERY: Since 1982, Washington's Lottery has generated more than $3 billion to support important state programs including the Washington Opportunity Pathways Account. Money in the Pathways Account goes toward helping students achieve their higher education dreams and supports early childhood education learning programs. The state's Lottery offers consumers several types of games: Mega Millions, Powerball, Lotto, Hit 5, Match 4, The Daily Game, Daily Keno and Scratch. For more information, visit walottery.com or join our online community on Facebook at facebook.com/walottery and follow us on Twitter @walottery.
Jennifer Carroll (Curator on behalf of Washington's Lottery)