D & L Grocery & Deli and Fred Meyer Top the List
OLYMPIA – With St. Patrick's Day upon us, Washington's Lottery is sharing its "Luckiest Stores" – retail locations that have sold the most tickets with prizes worth over $1,000 in the previous year. Washington's Lottery has released a "Luckiest Stores" list for six regions around the state: Tri-Cities, Puget Sound, Olympic Peninsula, Eastern Washington, Southwest Washington, and Central Washington.
D & L Grocery & Deli at 210 W Washington St in Sequim is the "Luckiest Store" on the Olympic Peninsula area with 12 wins during 2015.
The top 10 "Luckiest Stores" around the Olympic Peninsula are:
- 12 Big Wins: D & L Grocery & Deli at 210 W Washington St in Sequim
- 10 Big Wins: Fred Meyer at 1900 SE Sedgwick Rd in Port Orchard
- 7 Big Wins: Safeway at 221 W Heron St in Aberdeen
- 5 Big Wins: Safeway at 2890 NW Bucklin Hill Rd in Silverdale
- 5 Big Wins: Ralph's Red Apple Market at 6724 in Kitsap Way in Bremerton
- 5 Big Wins: Safeway Store at 680 W Washington St Bldg F in Sequim
- 4 Big Wins: Mickey's Deli at 119 W Alder St in Shelton
- 4 Big Wins: Safeway at 900 N Callow Ave in Bremerton
- 4 Big Wins: Safeway at 1401 NE McWilliams Rd in Bremerton
- 4 Big Wins: Albertson's at 370 SW in Sedgwick Rd in Port Orchard
One of the winners from the Olympic Peninsula region shared how he planned to spend the money. "I'll pay off some bills and put some of the money in the bank, then my wife can spend it how she wants," said Leroy Lehstein from Port Townsend.
To learn more about Washington's Lottery and for all up-to-date winning numbers, please visit walottery.com.
Proceeds from Washington's Lottery benefit the Washington Opportunity Pathways Account, providing grants to college students statewide. To learn more about Washington's Lottery, its beneficiaries and to review all up-to-date winning numbers, please visit www.walottery.com.
WASHINGTON'S LOTTERY: Since 1982, Washington's Lottery has generated more than $3 billion to support important state programs including the Washington Opportunity Pathways Account. Money in the Pathways Account goes toward helping students achieve their higher education dreams and supports early childhood education learning programs. The state's Lottery offers consumers several types of games: Mega Millions, Powerball, Lotto, Hit 5, Match 4, Daily Game, Daily Keno and Scratch. For more information, visit www.walottery.com or join our online community on Facebook at www.facebook.com/walottery and follow us on Twitter @walottery.
Erin Brown (Curator on behalf of Washington's Lottery)